EUSA is now offering the WAITING LIST SIGN-UP for the Spring 2008 season of the Recreation League and Micro-Soccer program. For more information, please either click on the link to the left of the page that says On-Line Registration or click the link below.
Back on October 12, EUSA began the process of registering children for its Spring 2008 season of the Recreation League and Micro‑Soccer program. For 55 days parents were able to register their children with EUSA’s On‑Line Registration service using VISA or MasterCard. For those who did not wish to pay via credit card, EUSA held two in‑person registration sessions. After January 1st, it was no longer possible to register on‑time as EUSA had begun the process of ordering the supplies and services needed for the Fall 2007 season for the players who had registered on time.
Because there are always parents who miss the registration period for one reason or another and there are sometimes available spots on teams AFTER they have been created, EUSA is once again offering a Waiting List Sign‑Up so that those players who were not registered on‑time might have a chance to participate.
It is important for parents who will be signing up using the Waiting List to clearly understand that the Waiting List is NOT the same as on‑time registration. So with that in mind, here are the guidelines that the Waiting List is run by:
- The Waiting List is available only by signing up using the On‑Line Registration service. This means that you must use a VISA or MasterCard to make your payment when you register your child.
- Children are offered spots on teams on a first‑registered, first‑placed basis. EUSA will use the date & time that you registered to determine this.
- Under no circumstances will EUSA arrange or rearrange teams to accommodate players who are signed up using the Waiting List. Waiting List players are offered placement with a team that has one or more available spots.
- You may be offered a spot on any team anywhere in Edison. This means that you may not be placed with a team that is close to your home. The reason for this is that EUSA tries to balance out the roster sizes for all teams.
- No special requests of any kind. If you have very specific requirements as to what team your child is on, please do not register.
Remember, in order to complete your registration, you must not only provide your child’s/family’s information but also make the required payment.
The fee to register using the WAITING LIST SIGN-UP is $100.00 per child.
There also is a $25.00 late fee charge
ANSWERS TO COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why can’t I just register my child like everyone else did? There were 55 days and 2 in‑person registration sessions that parents could have used to register their children, which represents a very generous amount of time that parents had to complete their child’s registration. There are also very specific deadlines by which EUSA must begin ordering supplies, uniforms, and services needed to run a season of soccer. We cannot do this if we’re taking registrations after those dates have come and gone.
When will I be called about a team for my child? You’ll be notified as soon as a spot is available. This call may come as late as the start of the season.
If my child isn’t placed onto a team, how do I get a refund? EUSA will refund your payment back to the credit card that you used to register your child. You will receive a full refund of the money you paid.
What if I’m willing to be a head coach? In past years, EUSA has had to struggle to find enough head coaches for the teams in the Recreation League and Micro‑Soccer. Miraculously, over 240 people volunteered to be head coaches for the Fall 2007 season. Given those numbers, it isn’t likely that we’ll need to look for head coaches. However, if EUSA needs a coach in your child’s age group and you are willing, a Division Director will contact you to see if you are still able to become a head coach.