Kick & P.L.A.Y. League
Where Learning Begins...
Our KICK and P.L.A.Y. League is a non-competitive program where we utilize fun soccer techniques to train advanced motor skills, dynamic dribbling, shooting skills and fitness for our 2.5 to 4 year olds. We end each session with a story from 7 Habits of Happy Kids where children will learn subtle messages these seven stories teach about good habits like: be proactice, put first things first, think win-win to name just a few.
The benefits are amazing! The kids love the fun games and the stories! As children learn the physical skills, they build confidence and self concept that applies to other sports and to life in general. KICK & P.L.A.Y. is a success for Kids & Parents!
Kids are starting sports earlier and earlier. In this ultra-competitive environment, KICK & P.L.A.Y. gives your child a decided advantage and a head start. At an early age, your children will begin to form positive feelings toward exercise and goal setting which is priceless.
Our KICK & P.L.A.Y. philosophy is based on:
- P - Participation for All
- L - Laughter highly encouraged
- A - Allowed to make mistakes
- Y - Youth-player centric teaching
There is plenty of child research that tells us that fun is serious business for kids. Playtime helps kids learn to solve problems, get along with others, express their creativity and develop their physical dexterity and language skills. It is through play that kids experience the joy of learning. Fun and play gives kids the added incentive to do an activity you want them to. Pretend play is one of the core elements of the development of imagination and creativity. Both are key skills for a great soccer player.
KICK & P.L.A.Y. runs outdoors on Saturdays for 8 weeks at Spencer Rockman Soccer Complex. Each class is 50 minutes in length and is run by our on field trainer. Class size is limited to 10 students per class. Class times are 9am & 10am. Classes are filled based on ages and registration dates. Girls and boys are in separate classes.
The cost of the program is $120 which includes a Smiley Soccer Ball and Kick & P.L.A.Y. T-shirt.
Come join us and have your child Kick & P.L.A.Y. into fun and great habits through Soccer!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Does my child need cleats or shinguards? We highly recommend shinguards for all players, however, given this age, cleats are optional. We do request that they wear sneakers at a minimum.
2. Where are practices held? Practices are 50 minutes long and held OUTDOORS at Spencer Rockman Soccer Complex located at 1 Clif Prescod Lane, Edison, NJ (across from DMV on Kilmer Rd.)
3. Do girls and boys practice together? No, boys practice from 9am - 9:50am and girls practice from 10am - 10:50am.
4. Are there any other timeslots to signup for if 9am and 10am don't work for us? No, those are the only 2 timeslots available.
5. Can we register in person? No, all registration is done online via our registration system.
6. Are there any practices during the week? No.
7. Are there makeups if it rains or is cold? No, all classes are as scheduled. Unless the fields are unsafe, we will have class. If it's cold, we highly recommend that you have your child wear a sweatshirt under their training shirt.
8. Are there makeups if I miss a class due to scheduling conflicts? No.
9. Do I need to buy any other equipment? No, aside from shinguards (necessary) and cleats, if you choose to, we will provide your child with a training shirt and a #3 ball to start their soccer career on the first day of class.
10. What is your refund policy? Please refer to our Refund Policy under FORMS on our main website.
"This is a great program! The progress of the program is evident as you look around the fields on a Saturday afternoon and observe all of the different age levels. Everything is extreemly organized and all information is readily available! The kick and play program was a great experience for us and we were impressed with all that Coach Andrew was able to teach in such a short period of time and with such an array of ages/levels of the kids in the group. We are looking forward to fall soccer and expect to be a member of the Edison United Soccer Family for years to come! Keep up all of the great work! Your efforts are appreciated!" - Satisfied Parent 5/24/12